Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Foggy Bottom... erm Top

It was so foggy this morning, I almost thought the clouds had descended the earth and were blanketing Cergy Le Haut. Cool. Or should I say, cold! Was shivering as I walked to the train station, and had to be extra careful, as I could only see a few metres directly ahead of me. All else was lost in a filmy white haze. Could almost imagine myself transported to some land far away from civilisation if not for other commuters also making their way to the train station. Wanted to rush back to my room to grab my camera and snap a few pictures, but was already running late.


Pretty eerie, though. You could hear footsteps, especially the tapping of ladies' high heels, but not see anyone unless they were almost within touching distance. Sadly, the fog dissipated later in the day. By mid-afternoon, the fog had thinned to a mist... *Sigh*

One of my classmates said the weather forecasters had predicted snow today, but saw nary a flurry. Maybe, if this cold spell continues, we'll actually have a white winter this year!

No comments: