Friday, October 17, 2008

Help! The dark side beckons...

Bought the iPhone for Luq last Friday, but it's locked for six months, so I'm using it for the time being. Bad idea. I've been downloading all sorts of handy apps and ebooks to the iPhone, and it's now my trusty companion on those long bus and train rides - so much so that I'm actually considering getting one for myself.

It's relatively cheap getting it here (compared to Singapore and Hong Kong). Luq got his 16gb iPhone without a contract for 609 euro, but if I get it on a one-year plan, it's only 199 euro with a 45 euro monthly plan. It's 739 in all - which means that I'll essentially be paying 130 euro for one year of talk-time! Getting the same unlocked phone in Singapore was $2,000 (about 900 euro) last I checked in Sim Lim Square - so the phone plus one year's talk time would still cost less here than in Singapore. Wow.

But do I really need it? 45 euro a month for phone bills is more than 10% of my allowance... I can buy a whole booklet of tickets to Paris for that amount. It'll definitely put a little dent into my my budget, so I've got to consider this carefully. *sigh* So many wants vs so little cash.... I seriously need a job!

Heh. Luq says he misses my 'mean bitch editor' persona, but maybe he just misses me being able to buy my own stuff... I'm such a freeloader.

No comments: