Thursday, October 2, 2008

Brrr....

Autumn seems to have crept in on France all in one weekend. Suddenly, it seems, there are red and yellowing trees wherever one looks, while fallen leaves abound on the ground. It's also turned a lot colder, but the good news is that the heater in my room has now been turned on. Hooray! No more huddling under the blankie hoping my frozen toes would have thawed by morning.

It's very beautiful, though, especially in the school's temporary canteen. That's a place that would have been a very very expensive restaurant if located in Singapore. Floor-length windows give long views outside, and we're surrounded by windows on three sides of the place.

There's a lush park right on its doorstep, with a pond nearby and all the tranquil walks one could wish for within a stone's throw away - literally. Bet it's a favourite haunt of young lovers when it's a little warmer, but in the meantime, this makes my lunch hour way more scenic than a quick sandwich gobbled over the keyboard in my room.

Luq's coming in a few days, and I'm really looking forward to it. Have lots of plans for sightseeing during the month that he'll be here - I'm really hoping to go to Versailles, and maybe even check out the rest of Europe (on his travel allowance!) since I'm such a poor student. Hehe.

No comments: