Sunday, September 7, 2008

Guide? Moi?



Went exploring around Cergy St Christophe today. Seems almost like a Middle Eastern/Asian town to me. There was a halal butchery, bakery, and the supermarket had an entire halal section, not to mention curry spices and the like. There was even a Chinese, as well as Japanese, restaurant offering buffets!


Ironically enough, I was just going around minding my own business, checking out the town and trying to find my way around when a car pulled up beside me near a roundabout. The driver unwound his window, and asked me - yes, me! - for directions.

Couldn't understand what he was saying, so I smiled at him and replied politely in French that I speak English. Finally figured out that he was referring to the train station, but since he couldn't understand my directions, I turned around and gestured vaguely in the direction he should go in. Hope he doesn't get lost...

1 comment:

WookieeMachine said...

You could have added my sms'ed comment about making sure to smile after sending him on his way... that's the least you can do if the poor bloke decides he's more lost than before... :D