Wednesday, August 27, 2008

In transit

12 00 Paris Time

Whew. What a rush trying to catch my connection on time. An hour in between two different flights might have been too ambitious even for me. Spent the entire time rushing from one terminal to another aboard their shuttle buses. Didn't even have time to do some shopping, although I did take my time to ogle the more interesting items on sale. Burberry had really nice boots, but I'm digressing here.

Got to my departure hall on time, but everyone was just sitting around after that. Took some photos, but was a little bored. Since the gate was still not open, decided to grab a sandwich at Pret a Manger, which was right beside the waiting area. All the sandwiches looked good, but picked up a wild crayfish sandwich with rocket salad and lime mayo for 2.99 euros. Yum...

Gate opened for boarding as I was paying, so had no time to devour it. Brought it onto the plane. Didn't realise how famished I really was until I started eating. Gobbled it all down in between taking off and the snack served in-flight. Had an orange juice, but passed on the hotdog, which was packed with some bacon. Noticed the passenger beside me took out all hers and laid it neatly back on the packaging. Had some orange juice, though.

This time, I was on the aisle so I could crane my neck and look out the windows. Paris looks really neat by air, all regular squares and rectangles. Still, wouldn't recommend anyone take this flight. Seats were small and cramped, and the plane smelled of old plastic. Got a headache just from breathing in the recycled air, but thankfully it was a short 1.5 hour flight. Was relieved to get off, but one of my two bags was delayed. They offered to mail it to me, but I'm waiting for it, since it's just an hour.

No comments: